So last night I watched the show "Glee" and, having enjoyed it immensely, I decided that today I would fawn over the show on my blog. But then (I really dislike the word "but. . . " - it pretty much negates whatever brilliant or cleverly or witty or trying-to-be-nice-but-preparing-to-be-mean statement you just made, although I can't find a way around using it) I went to a favorite blog of mine and found this posting. I have no idea who this blogger is (a friend introduced me to the blog), but she says it all so much better than I ever could. So rather than posting something horribly boring that most of you will skip over anyway, go read her blog and know that I totally concur. However, she didn't mention two things that I am absolutely ITCHING to mention:First, guidance counselor Emma (red-head in yellow on the right) is absolutely adorable - a neurotic and OCD clean-freak with a darling style sense and a horrible crush on the married Glee Club teacher. Aside from the cast spontaneously bursting into song, she's my favorite part of the show.
Second, the token and cliche black-girl-with-a-huge-voice-and-a-little-bit-of-attitude is awesome. Whenever she sings I want to throw my hands up in the air and praise the Lord. Just watch the video on the other blog, or watch this.
Oh, and here is a disclaimer - if, for some reason, you decide that you need to watch the show or are kind of addicted to television-on-the-Internet (like me) and want to watch past episodes on Hulu (I really wish I was being paid for that little plug), heed this warning: Episode 2 "Showmance" is, well, you know, although entertaining, I wouldn't exactly sit down to watch it with my nephews. Or my mom (love you, mom). Or most people I know, at least not without a quick fast-forward trigger finger. I didn't find Episode 3 nearly as. . . suggestive. The Pilot (Episode 1) is great. Consider yourself warned.
2 comments:
Ernie and I are both hooked.....watched it before Gilmore Girls kind of hooked.
Ha, ha, ha!!!!
Post a Comment