Happy Friday! I don't have much to say, but here are a few thoughts for Friday.
- I've finished with 2 1/2 Newberry books so far. I'll post about them soon!
- I've developed a fondness for wandering through hardware stores. I'm not much of a handy type so I'm not really sure where this came from, but I love the smell of the wood and the paint and new appliances all mixed together. It smells like possibility, like a thousand projects waiting to be started.
- I'm kind of in love with Paul Bettany. There's something about him that makes me want to pinch his cheeks, date him, or take him out to lunch for a nice chat. I'm not quite sure which one. Regardless, I like him. (I just finished watching The Secret Life of Bees; decent movie, fabulous book. Although his character is a total creep, Mr. Paul manages to make him so real, so vulnerable. So scary. And he was really great in The Young Victoria. Didn't totally love the movie, but Paul the Charming made it worth it. Well, that and Rupert Friend's amusing attempt at facial hair.)
- Lately I've been trying improve my eating habits. I've tried cutting out packaged food, focusing on eating mostly veggies and fruits and such, and being careful with portion sizes. It seems to help if I eat smaller snacks in between meals. I've also tried to really increase my water consumption. It's amazing how much better I feel!
- For an unexplainable reason, I'm developing an urge to sew. Joann's had patterns on sale for $1.99 and I stocked up on some great skirt and dress patterns. What will happen with said patterns, well. . . that remains to be seen. I haven't actually successfully stitched sewn anything since the fabulous fluorescent culotte number sometime in the late 80s, so this might be interesting. Wish me luck. And a sewing machine.
- I'm pretty sure I have the cutest nephews ever.

1 comment:
Oh my, must we go back to the culotte's ? I can help you find some cute patterns from this decade if you would like :)
But if we are going to go that direction, you should probably make some matching srucnhies.
Post a Comment