Friday, October 10, 2008

Mexico

Hola mi amigos y amigas! So, my younger sister, Layne, and I decided to take a trip together and after much frustration we ended up at a resort in Mexico about 30 miles north of Puerto Vallarta. (Here is the website.) I am currently sitting on a chair underneath a palm tree looking out over the sunset on the Pacific Ocean. Yes, life is good. :)

This resort is a smallish resort and attracts an eclectic crowd of regulars, families, drunks, honeymooners, and surfers. The resort is not one of those mega-resorts you commonly find near places like Puerto Vallarta. It is smallish and has lots of character and "local flavor" with an emphasis on surfing (they have surfing trips leaving every morning and most of the people here seem to come mainly for surfing). We have met several very nice people here. In particular, two surfer families from San Diego and a couple from Salt Lake. They have activities every day and my sister and I have been on the go every day. Here is a smattering of some of our activities:
  • Snorkeling: We went to a grouping of islands a few miles offshore. There are several really cool coves and caves and the like and Layne and I loved it. We are going to go again tomorrow!
  • Surfing: Layne and I went to this funky surfing town called Sayulitas and Layne took surfing lessons while I watched. She managed to get up 2 1/2 times! We spend much of the afternoon wandering around and eating ice cream. Yum!
  • Hiking: The hotel hired some taxis and a guide and took us tromping through the jungle to see petroglyphs and a really cool waterfall. It was insanely humid, but very, very beautiful.
Okay, that is about all for right now (I want to finish watching the sunset), but I will write more and post pictures when I get back.

2 comments:

Mike and Kimmy said...

Hey, I found your blog from your facebook. That is so fun that you went to Mexico with your sis! I love taking vacations. I love that you have a word of the week on your blog. You were always good at grammar. :) You should hear mine since livin' in Kentucky....

Zsuzs said...

Hey chica, i'm still waiting for those pictures you publicly promised to post.