Monday, May 19, 2008

Hello, gorgeous!



I have never been much for gardening, but a few months ago I was bit by the gardening bug. I planted tomatoes, peppers, and some herbs. A few days ago my first tomatoes were ripe enough to pick and eat! They were pretty small, but delicious. Yay for homegrown tomatoes!

4 comments:

Zsuzs said...

Wait till that hungarian paprika starts growing. That will transform your world!! :-)

Elder Ernest Elliott said...

Congrats! You have now majorly out done me.. Maybe someday i will plant a garden (that was going to happen the same weekend that I had a minor problem with my appendix, but I am alive instead...) and then right after that, (about the same time that pigs are flying while playing the violin) I will start a blog....But we must have hope...Grandma has figured out how to email! (Has she emailed you yet?)

momomom said...

So jealous! We are trying to garden for the first time this year--that bug must be going around. So I say trying but I should probably say tried, b/c aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalllllllllllllllll of my transplanted starts just died. So sad! Our soil has issues, I'm told, so I think I'm moving to container gardening instead of trying to fix it. Guh.

Josh said...

Yippee!! We planted a jalapeno plant. It's fantastic to grow your own food! We are linked to your blog now! Big Hug ~ Jen